In most instances, a potential customer’s first impression of your business is accompanied by a graphic representation of your brand. It could be as simple as your logo (probably the first thing that came to your mind, right?) but it could also be more than that. It could be a business card, product brochure, postcard or website. Regardless of the channel, people will start formulating opinions of your company based on content and overall aesthetic appeal… or lack thereof. Don’t underestimate the importance of graphic design to your business success.
Tips for Your Graphic Design
Great graphic design is a rarity. In order to be considered “great” from a sales and marketing standpoint, the design must look good AND be created with an intended audience and a specific medium in mind. Great design balances message and purpose… it can move and inspire, inform and educate. By always designing with the intended audience and medium in mind, your piece will stand out from the competition and elicit reaction.
Here are some tips for your graphic design:
- Maintain Brand Consistency — All of your marketing pieces should have a similar look and messaging. Consistency is key so that prospects can easily recognize your company and recall what you’re all about.
- Diversify Designs — Being consistent doesn’t mean being a “one-trick pony.” Your design team should be familiar with many aspects of design and postproduction solutions to ensure you don’t get left behind in the ever-evolving marketing landscape.
- Diversify Software Knowledge – Modern marketing requires knowledge of a number of software programs dealing with layout, 3D rendering, retouching, photography, CAD and more.
- Maximize Your Website’s Potential — The website is the heartbeat of many companies. By aligning your brand with your web design and development, you will provide visitors a lasting impression of authority in your industry.
- Consider All of Your Options — There are a variety of graphic design skills/services that are helpful to have in your arsenal (see the section below). You can rely solely on your in-house design team (if your company has one), hire an outside graphic designer/team or both.
Graphic Design Services
Here is an extensive (but not all-inclusive) list of graphic design services:
- Print Design
- Brand Development Design
- Identity Design
- Logo Design
- Garment Decorating Design
- Promotional Product Design
- Label Design
- Tradeshow Display Design
- Website Design
- Flipbook Design
- Online Advertising Design
- Social Media Design
- Illustration and Rendering
- Packaging Design
- Storyboard Design
- Image Retouching
- PowerPoint Presentation Design
- Sketching for Mockups
- Hand Illustration
- Computer Illustration
- Computer Rendering
- Computer Layout
- Computer Retouching
Need Help With Your Graphic Design?
Many companies are either shorthanded when it comes to the manpower and skill set of their graphic design department or they don’t have any professionally trained designers on staff at all. If this is the case at your company, rest assured that there are plenty of outside graphic designers you can hire. Many freelance or agency designers can be used on a per project basis or as part of a monthly retainer, and they can do everything from the simple tasks like preflighting files to ensure they are set up properly to the extensive tasks like designing all of the creative for a tradeshow program. At Adventure Marketing Solutions, we provide support from our Army of Experts, which includes our award-winning design team. To learn more about how we can help you, contact us.